Fitness Center Assistant Manager
Company: Plus One an Optum Company
Posted on: November 19, 2022
We are looking for an innovative, reliable and dedicated Assistant
Manager with a passion for supporting healthy lifestyle habits to
work at a high profile company's fitness center located in Fremont,
CA. Ideal candidate will have open availability for both open and
close shifts Monday-Friday.
Fitness Center Hours
Monday - Thursday: 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Provide support and assistance to the Site Leader in all
operations and staffing aspects of the fitness
- Maintain and improve the quality and service of the fitness
center by communicating with clients and team members and encourage
- Perform quality control checks on all aspects of service
delivery within the fitness center/facility such as exercise
training sessions, written exercise prescriptions, training session
record keeping, fitness assessments, etc.
- Perform the tasks of an Exercise Specialist, when
- Ensure team members remain current in their certification
credentials and complete all assigned on-boarding, education
coursework, and training.
- Complete internal development courses through learning
- Opportunity to teach group fitness classes and provide personal
training services dependent on operational needs.
- Collaborate and lead fitness events and challenges both on-site
and virtually. Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (Exercise Science, Dance,
Physical Education, Kinesiology, Business Management, etc.).
- Minimum three years of experience in a fitness center or spa
facility that has close interactions with members and guests.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certification.
- Must be knowledgeable about the industry with the customer
skills to network, engage, and interact with all clients, guests,
- Ability to effectively engage participants as a public
- Competent with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point,
Outlook). About Us:
Plus One, part of the Optum Workplace Well-being portfolio of
services, provides fitness and well-being services to clients
across a broad range of industries, driving employee engagement in
health and wellness programs. Our services include fitness,
nutrition, ergonomics, wellness coaching and health promotion. Our
team members believe that the most effective way to help people
adopt a healthier lifestyle is through personal connections infused
with hospitality, empathy and a lot of fun.
Perks of working at Plus One, an Optum company:
- Team member health and savings
- Medical plan choices with Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
and Health Savings Account (HSA) options
- Dental and Vision coverage plans
- 401(k) Retirement & Savings Plan
- Life Insurance (team member, spouse and dependents)
- Short and Long Term Disability Plans
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Transportation and Parking Plans
- Team member well-being:
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness rewards program
- Membership to a fitness and wellness subscription-based
- 24/7 health and wellness support through the Employee
- Entertainment and consumer discounts
- Dedication to ensuring a cohesive and inclusive culture led by
an internal diversity, equity and inclusion council
- Team member growth and development support
- Complimentary professional development and continuing education
- Discounted industry certifications and events
- CPR/AED reimbursements
- Continuing education reimbursement opportunities
- Internal development program
- Employee Referral Reward program
Plus One, an Optum company, is an equal opportunity employer. We
believe in a culture of equal employment and opportunity for all
people. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital
status, familial responsibilities, citizenship status, military or
protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Plus One provides reasonable accommodations to employees and
applicants where applicable; for more information, contact our HR
department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Plus One an Optum Company, Fremont , Fitness Center Assistant Manager, Executive , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!