Facility Manager (On Call)
Company: Sunol Hills LLC
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Sunol Hills at Fremont is looking for motivated, organized
leaders who are passionate about mental health to join our team as
Facility Managers! The Facility Manager is responsible for acting
as a liaison between Program Administrator (PA) and Direct Care
Staff in our residential mental health facility for adolescents.
They are to be a role model and supportive resource to our team of
Mental Health Rehabilitation Workers as they provide hands-on
support to the clients we serve. The Facility Manager also surveys
and maintains facility premises and infrastructure, collaborates
with the PA and clinical team to provide quality client care, steps
in to assist Direct Care Staff as needed, and ensures compliance
with all company and licensing protocols and requirements.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make an impact on the lives of
both clients and other staff. Facility Managers are able to
actively support our team and ensure seamless program function in
order to better serve our client population. If you are a
proactive, positive, and detail-oriented team player ready for a
new leadership opportunity, we would love to hear from you!
DEFINITION: Under the supervision of the Program Administration,
plan, develop, implement and promote a six-bed crisis residential
treatment facility for the stabilization, support and treatment for
adolescents who have mental/emotional disabilities. The program is
for psychiatrically diagnosed, acute or sub-acute adolescents who
require 24-hour supervision and intense structure. The program's
primary goal is to divert clients from hospitalization or act as an
alternative to hospitalization and to re-integrate clients to the
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the supervision of the Program
Administrator, Facility Managers participate in implementation and
promotion of a six-bed residential treatment facility for
adolescents with psychiatrically sub-acute youth who require
24-hour supervision and intense structure. The facility manager
will coordinate training of personnel, supervise floor staff, and
ensure a positive work environment, maintain the facility and
The below essential job functions are required for this role.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals with
disabilities to allow them to perform these essential functions.
This list is not exhaustive, and additional duties may be required
at management's discretion.
- Develop, coordinate, implement, and monitor individual
treatment plans with clients and other individuals to include
intake, assessment, transition, and discharge planning.
- Complete the admission process of all clients accepted into the
program, including an initial intake interview, documents action,
initial diagnosis and treatment plan within 24 hours.
- Maintain a milieu structure that involves the clients in all
aspects of the program and participate as an integral part of the
therapeutic milieu and as a member of a mental health team in a
- Participate in weekly evaluation of clients' progress in case
conference with supervisor, consultants and other staff members,
and meet with clients to review case conference discussion, update
treatment plans, and provide aftercare follow-up as delegated by
- Assist clients in developing and following a daily activity
schedule in accordance with individual treatment/discharge
- Facilitate groups and activities, including psycho-educational
groups, basic living skills, community outings, and group
counseling, and participate in 1:1 supervision sessions and weekly
team supervision sessions.
- Work as a member of a treatment team with other staff and have
a clinical understanding of, and therapeutic relationship with, all
clients to facilitate an integrated, cohesive, coordinated and
supportive treatment approach.
- Act as a role model within the therapeutic milieu and
participate as a member of the treatment team.
- Develop cross-cultural awareness of culturally-diverse client
populations and apply appropriate interventions in assisting them
with any socio-cultural issues.
- Complete timely, accurate clinical charting in accordance with
Quality Assurance Standards and in line with Agency Policies and
- Coordinate with and assist all persons involved in client
treatment to include, but not limited to: case managers, treatment
coordinators, physicians, LVNs/LPTS/RNs, and therapists to assure
continuity of client care.
- Participate in implementation of a cohesive treatment program
and assure that the program operates as scheduled and is in keeping
with the structure, rules, and philosophy of the program.
- Provide supervision of clients and have a clinical and working
knowledge of crisis prevention and intervention. Be able to operate
effectively in a crisis.
- Monitor and record client medications, interactions and side
effects in coordination with staff psychiatrist and counseling
staff. Assist with client self administer of medication.
- Participate in risk assessments.
- Maintain and effectively use current resource file for client
referrals, and take and screen referrals to assure that appropriate
clients are admitted to the program.
- Document all extra program contact with ex-clients and others
(family, friends, etc.).
- Attend and participate in all required meetings as specified by
the Owner, to include but not limited to, client conferences, staff
meetings, program planning meetings, staff process group meetings,
linkage meetings with other agencies, and client review
- Protect consumer rights, maintain client confidentiality, and
handle client advocacy issues in accordance with the Agency's
- Assure client safety at all times.
- Assist relief staff and clients/residents in emergency
procedures, Universal Precautions (HIV) awareness, infection
prevention and control standards, and blood borne pathogen
- Assure all MSDS sheets are posted for public, staff and
- Work the hours required by the program as scheduled by the
supervisor, including overnights, holidays and occasional fill-in
for other regular staff members and contribute to the ongoing
maintenance, safety and housekeeping of the program. Perform
household chores, disinfect furniture and bedding. Requires the use
of household and industrial cleaning materials. May be required to
- Assist with shopping and prepare meals for clients.
- Complete required personnel-related paperwork in a timely
fashion, and report on any expenditures, such as food supplies and
petty cash expenses, in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Assure compliance with all local, state, and federal
regulations, CCL requirements, and Sunol Hills, LLC, Policies and
- Comply with Sunol Hills, LLC, policy requirement to submit
proof of valid CDL, DMV printout, maintain good driving record, and
submit proof of auto insurance for current period of coverage.
- Requires driving own vehicle to transport consumer(s) when a
program vehicle is unavailable, or when medical appointments or
referral for client services are required unless other arrangements
are made with the Company.
- Complete required training by due dates, e.g., HIPAA,
California Abuse Reporting, Sexual Harassment, CPR/1st Aid, and
other as needed, and provide documentation to HR designee.
- Provide supervision, training, safety training, program
orientation, and organization of training for staff development.
Coordinate staff schedules and assure coverage at all times. Ensure
staff accountability for daily tasks/responsibilities and proper
execution of policies and protocols.
- Ensure a clean, healthy, and safe environment for consumers and
staff in accordance with Infection Prevention control standards.
Assist staff with household cleaning and maintenance requiring use
of household and industrial cleaning agents (responsible for MSDS
postings) to assure public, staff and client safety.
- Be the designated person to meet with CCL if inspection is on
shift and be held responsible for any deficiencies found during
- Monitor for and identify potential physical safety concerns and
maintenance and repair needs at the facility per OSHA standards.
Complete minor repairs and maintenance when possible, or alert
management of greater maintenance needs for further
- Monitor and assist with maintenance of facility infrastructure
(phone, internet, etc.) as needed to ensure full program
functionality at all times.
- Conduct both regular and unscheduled room and facility
inspections to ensure lack of any client contraband.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by
the Program Administrator.
Job Descriptions are subject to change without notice based on the
needs of the Agency/Program.
Sunol Hills, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or
any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or Local Law.
In addition to federal law requirements, Sunol Hills, LLC, complies
with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Candidates must have one of the following in order to qualify (both
- Education: Bachelor of Arts or of Science is required (B.A.
Degree in psychology, social welfare or counseling is
- Experience: At least two (2) years experience in mental health,
social rehab, dual diagnosis, or related field.
Bi-cultural/bi-lingual experience is an asset.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
Employment is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work: 21
years of age, verification of degree/credentials, satisfactory
health exam and tuberculosis testing, annual flu vaccination,
background clearance, submit proof of valid California Driver's
License, good driving record (must meet insurability requirements
of Sunol Hills, LLC, carrier), submit proof of auto insurance for
current period of coverage (employees who drive to and from work on
agency business or any other agency business), successful
completion of CPR and First Aid training, and agree to uphold all
Sunol Hills, LLC, Policies and Procedures: Policy on Confidential
Information, Policy on Outside Employment, Policy on
Prohibiting/Preventing Workplace Violence, Policy to Prohibit
Harassment in the Workplace, Policy on Ethics, agree (by signature)
to adhere to Drug-Free Workplace Policy, Policy on Abuse Reporting,
compliance with Workplace Injury and Illness Prevention Policies,
and compliance with HIPAA Rules and Regulations, Email and Privacy,
Use of Information, Equipment and Technology Code of Conduct
Policy, Sex Offender Lifetime Registration - Applicant Tenant
Policy on Nondisclosure.
AUTHORIZATION SECURITY CLEARANCE:
Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship.
On Call Facility Manager
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) for Full-Time
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA) for Full-Time Employees
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D) for Full-Time
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training & Development
Keywords: Sunol Hills LLC, Fremont , Facility Manager (On Call), Executive , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!