Director of Business Development
Company: Franklin Energy
Posted on: June 23, 2022
COMPANY SummaryAs a combined organization, and is undertaking
what is perhaps the central challenge of our times - to help drive
the transition to net-zero carbon economies while ensuring that no
working families, businesses, or local communities are left behind.
To do that, we are the utility industry's top provider of turn-key
energy efficiency and grid optimization programs and products, all
of which contribute to reducing carbon and waste and, at the same
time, free-up resources for creating more innovation investment and
jobs. With over 26 years in business, we have more than 1,300
experts across the United States and Canada, with warehouses on
both coasts. The organization's integrated in-house services
provide deep personalization and insights, helping energy partners
achieve their carbon-reduction and energy productivity goals. -We
believe the organization's most "precious resources" are its
people. - We pledge a relentless pursuit to embody a culture that
acknowledges, recognizes, and infinitely seeks to understand the
unique differences of its people. - We are committed to creating
employee experiences that continually attract and embrace a
multiracial, multicultural, and multigenerational workforce that
promotes outstanding performance and mirrors our diverse
partnerships, clients and communities we serve. Position SummaryWe
are looking for a dynamic sales professional with a demonstrated
track record of success. This commissioned sales position is
responsible for executing the business development strategy to
obtain new relationships that translate into revenue growth and
expand services within existing clients. - The territory will
include those states and utilities that are part of the energy
efficiency associations and/or organizations within the specified
region. - Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesThis list of duties
and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to
include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem
necessary from time to time.
- Create strong relationships with decision makers who buy demand
side management services (could include utilities and government
entities) and engage them in discussions about their needs and the
solutions provided by the company.
- Understand the energy efficiency markets on individual state
and utility levels to identify upcoming opportunities for the
company's products and services.
- Achieve annual goals/targets for number of new clients,
revenue, and margin of proposal wins.
- Ensure that our Business Development team is building
relationships with potential clients through activity in
organizations, trade shows, presentations at conferences,
individual capability presentations to utilities, and other
outreach to targeted states/utilities.
- Ensure that the company receives all applicable RFPs from
utilities and other entities such as government agencies in the
- Responsible for servicing clients and the relationship
management after the "sale"
- Contribute significantly to proposal development - 1) the
proposal champion who leads the whole effort, or 2) as a supporter
of the champion who contribute the voice of the customer (what does
the client want).
- Represent the company to existing and perspective utility
clients, energy efficiency organizations, and other firms in our
industry (partners and competitors).
- Build relationships with industry firms and technology partners
for joint bidding opportunities.
- Score incoming RFPs and assist in making final decision of
whether to bid on program or not.
- Utilize insight and experience to contribute to company's
business development strategy.
- Engage and monitor stakeholder meetings and regulatory
proceedings in assigned states.
- Serve as company representative in industry
associations.Position RequirementsEducation and Experience
- Bachelor's degree accredited college or university; Advanced
degree - Preferred
- 8-10 years of energy efficiency industry experience (or
- Experience in managing and building high level utility
- Demonstrated experience in sales and business
developmentRequired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong communication and cross-functional collaboration
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an
ability to prioritize workload
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook as well as Salesforce.com
- Ability to use social media tools such as LinkedIn and
- NetSuite, Salesforce or other ERP/CRM experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
writing with customers, clients and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical
- Ability to work in team environment, leading and managing cross
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
- Reliable transportationLicenses & Certifications
- Valid driver's licenseTravel Requirements
- Willingness to travel up to 50%Physical Demands and Work
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to
touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles
and risk of potential shockNote: Reasonable accommodations may be
made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of this position.The above information describes the
general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle
functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a
detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be
necessary in this position.An Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Franklin Energy, Fremont , Director of Business Development, Executive , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!