Advanced Data Analytics, Manager 1
Posted on: June 13, 2022
What you'll do...
This role requires an exceptional individual who is intellectually
curious, analytical, enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and a
self-starter to join our team as an Advanced Analytics Manager.
This role is a highly visible individual contributor position
central to the continued growth, efficiency, and success of the
Walmart Connect team. The role will have broad exposure across
Analytics, Sales and Marketing teams within Walmart Connect. The
ideal candidate will have a strong background in research
methodology, statistics, and data analytics with a deep
understanding of the retail/media industry.
Roles Specific Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Walmart Connect Sales and Marketing teams
for the development, execution and delivery of short and long-term
customer insights needs to influence media investment strategies
and business growth opportunities
- Ensure delivery of assigned insights analyses with end-to-end
ownership, clear communication, detailed project plans and
operational processes that drive visibility & accountability with
Sales, Marketing & Analytics stakeholders
- Lead the development, enhancement, and production of various
predictive and Machine Learning driven models to generate
behavioral shopper insights, target audiences, and optimized
- Drive strategic initiatives including identifying issues,
creating hypotheses, executing the analysis and translating data
into meaningful insights and actions.
- Develop and present concrete hypothesis-driven impactful
deliverables clearly answering the so-what clearly for Walmart
- Lead development of executive level presentations and
- Identify gaps and opportunities for improving existing data
sources and engage with broader Walmart teams to acquire and
summarize these sources within the Walmart Connect environment
- Support the Sales/Marketing teams in managing day-to-day
operating activities and special projects
- Facilitate the evangelization of the team's charters, plans,
and processes across the Sales & Marketing organization
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, economics,
operations research, marketing analytics, or any related
- 3+ years post academic experience in Data Analytics in the
retail, media, marketing, or other relevant industries.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience of SQL in Hive/Hadoop/Google
Cloud Platform environments.
- Strong programming skills in R/Python.
- Practical experience in mining, analyzing and interpreting data
through various statistical techniques and predictive models (e.g.
Regression, Time Series, Natural Language Processing, Pattern
Recognition, Classification, Segmentation, Deep Learning).
- Must have hands-on experience with Microsoft Office
Applications (e.g. Excel/PowerPoint).
- Experience in developing and presenting strategic,
action-oriented oral & written communications - providing
recommendations from complex analytics efficiently and engagingly
to an executive audience.
- Master's or Ph.D. Degree.
- Proficiency in BI Tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Omniture/Adobe
- Self-starter looking to develop and apply analytical frameworks
to help solve complex open-ended business questions with relevant
- A good balance of strong analytical skills and thought
- Thrives under pressure, balancing multiple workstreams and
- Team player who can thrive in fast-paced, results-oriented
- Trust based, strong relationship builder with internal and
- Interesting, multi-faceted personality who can deliver 5-star
output and can also have FUN at work.
- Familiarity with Ad Servers, DSPs, DMPs, onsite & offsite
targeting, & identity graphs a plus.
About Walmart Connect
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and
retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our
brand promise, "Save Money. Live Better," we work alongside some of
the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than
150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to
join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in
the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and
accountable - and we have Walmart's sales data to prove it.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your
performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase
plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health
plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We
believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and
the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That
means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique
styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being
inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global
customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1
company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to
feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at
Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder
way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our
stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in
diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement.
From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work
of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this
position. If none are listed, there are no minimum
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full
vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of
medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate.,
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or
related field and 1 year's experience in data analytics or related
field OR 3 years' experience in data analytics or related
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this
position. If none are listed, there are no preferred
Analytics in retail operations, Experience using in-database
analytics, SAS, SQL, or similar programming languages to retrieve,
merge, and hygiene data from multiple sources or platforms
850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of
Keywords: Walmart, Fremont , Advanced Data Analytics, Manager 1, Executive , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!