UX Research Manager
Company: Facebook App
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Our UX Research team is designing for the global diversity of
human needs, which requires us to deeply understand the behaviors
of the people behind them. Facebook Inc. UX researchers tackle some
of the most complex challenges to gain deeper insights into how
people interact with each other and the world around them, and work
collaboratively to contribute new ideas to products that impact the
experiences of billions of people on a global scale. We employ a
variety of qualitative and quantitative methods to accomplish our
goals, including surveys, focus groups, field studies, usability
tests, and 1:1 interviews. We value a diverse range of perspectives
and stem from many different backgrounds-geographically,
culturally, educationally, philosophically. We come from industry
and academia, with roots in anthropology, design research,
economics, HCI, human factors, market research, political science,
sociology, social computing, and social psychology, among others.
Facebook Inc. is looking for a UX Research Manager with research,
communication and people management skills. Facebook Inc. is a
diverse set of products - it's ripe for research. But figuring out
the right research, the appropriate involvement, and the ideal
touch points is a delicate balance, especially in a process-averse
culture. What makes a good candidate? Someone who has exceptional
research skills, but who also understands the balance between
scrappy and rigor, and ultimately how research translates into
design and product decisions. It's not enough to answer interesting
questions about user behavior; our team focuses on impact. You will
oversee a team of world-class researchers across a key product
vertical, and across multiple research disciplines.
UX Research Manager Responsibilities:
- Build and manage high-performing teams with researchers of
- Independently manage day-to-day activities and complex
situations. Identify problems and solutions around
- Set clear expectations and goals for direct reports and
collective team while holding individuals and team accountable for
- Build and develop a research toolkit that extends across all
levels of complexity.
- Successfully partner with other research teams across the
Facebook Inc. organization.
- Build strong relationships with other research teams at
Facebook Inc. to ensure a cohesive and cross-functional vision for
Research at Facebook Inc.
- Become a trusted, strategic partner to product stakeholders by
communicating and demonstrating the value of user research, and by
delivering insights that lead to demonstrable business value.
- Partner with the recruiting organization to build diverse teams
and inclusive environments.
- Provide clear, actionable feedback and support to develop and
- work closely with underperformers to help them meet
- Determine team composition, placement decisions and hiring
- Mentor other managers (research or cross functional) at
- Resource Allocation - ensure we are always focusing on the
highest priority things, focusing both on the short term needs as
well as looking ahead to the next big challenge.
- Bachelor's degree or significant experience conducting UX
research with meaningful business impact
- 10+ years of experience conducting and/or studying research
- 2+ years experience directly managing, coaching and developing
- Experience directly managing across different research
- Experience directly conducting primary research (either
qualitative or quantitative) end-to-end (i.e., designing, fielding,
analyzing and reporting out data)
- Experience building teams over time through hiring, growing,
and retaining high-performing researchers
- Track record of translating research into business impact
- Experience working with a variety of cross-functional peers and
stakeholders (e.g., product managers, data scientists, designers,
engineers, policy, communications, marketing)
- Graduate degree
- Experience with consumer products, consumer insights, or
- 2+ years of UX research experience
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at email@example.com.
Keywords: Facebook App, Fremont , UX Research Manager, Executive , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!