Retail Store Manager
Company: Hope Services
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Location: Fremont, CATeam: Retail Services - Retail Team /Work
Type: Full-TimeHope Services is Silicon Valley's leading provider
of services to people with developmental disabilities and mental
health needs. We serve approximately 3,500 people and their
families in six counties and provide a broad spectrum of services.
Hope Services seeks candidates who share our inspirations &
aspirations. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and
we are committed to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion &
belonging at all levels.
Provides supervision, oversight and management of thrift store
operations. Manages staff and volunteers, oversees sales, donations
of merchandise, promotion of the store in the community, and
internal fiscal controls.
Pay rate: $63,000 to $70,000 per year DOI with potential for
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of
the position. An employee in this classification is responsible for
carrying out the following functions:
1. Manages and fulfills all daily responsibilities as assigned.
2. Management of all store operations including but not limited to
personnel, property, store setup, and back room processing.
3. Assures quality control of product in order to maintain highest
product quality and meet customer expectations.
4. Provides high level of customer service, trains staff to perform
quality customer service.
5. Maintains adequate staffing to meet store demands.
6. Supervises retail associates as assigned, providing ongoing
training and support as needed.
7. Leads staff to assure a cooperative work environment for the
8. Assures compliance with all building maintenance and safety
practices to assure a safe work environment.
9. Performs pricing of materials, assures appropriate documentation
and deposit of money collected from local sales.
10. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
11. May perform other duties as assigned to assure efficiency of
Bachelor's Degree in related field plus 3 years of experience in
retail thrift management experience including not less than 2 years
of supervisory experience OR An approved equivalent combination of
education and experience.
1. Ability to relate in a positive, constructive manner with staff,
management and administration.
2. Knowledge of retail thrift store operations.
3. Ability to document and complete daily book keeping.
4. Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
5. Knowledge of Hope and ability to communicate information about
6. Knowledge managerial principles and techniques.
7. Ability to supervise. Train, and develop staff in a retail
8. Excellent organizational skills
9. Ability to lift and move 40 lb. loads
10. Use of hand trucks and hydraulic lifters and other
Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement,
Paid Vacation and Sick Time and more! In addition, we provide
extensive training and ample career advancement opportunities
through the award-winning Hope University.
Supervisory Responsibility: yes
Reports to: Director
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Store environment. An enclosed office
environment. Time spent sitting, using a computer station, periods
of intense concentration, using the telephone, paperwork. Time
spent in meetings, travel to various work site locations throughout
three counties. Some exposure to outdoor weather conditions. May
also include physical activity, lifting, moving and sorting large
loads of materials. May be exposed to dirt and dust.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in
maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people
Hope Services is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment
for all employees not regardless of, but with consideration and
appreciation for race, color, religion or belief, national, social
or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability,
HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or
present military service, family or parental status, or any other
Keywords: Hope Services, Fremont , Retail Store Manager, Executive , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!