Posted on: January 15, 2021
Facebook designs, builds, leases and operates the most
innovative and efficient data centers in the world. Developing,
operating and managing the data center infrastructure and
facilities the "right" way is synonymous with ensuring high uptime,
capacity availability, flexibility and capital and operational cost
efficiency in a safe working environment. Facebook evaluates sites
across the world for data center development, and is seeking an
environmental expert to lead and manage environmental due
diligence, including environmental permitting, for North America
site selection efforts. This position will report directly to the
Manager of the Environment & Water Team. Comprehensive
environmental permitting and technical expertise and as well as
excellent communication, organizational and program management
skills are required for this position. Some infrequent travel
(10%+) is needed to visit our data center sites and attend agency
and stakeholder meetings.
- Manage environmental due diligence activities across multiple
development efforts throughout North America, including Phase I
Environmental Site Assessments, noise studies, air permitting, and
biological and cultural resource evaluations.
- Scope, review findings, and provide direction to consultants
and internal teams on environmental conditions and permitting.
- Lead environmental permitting and regulatory compliance efforts
for site selection, including Section 404, Section 106
consultation, Title V air permits, and environmental impact
studies. Understand, communicate, and align these approvals with
Facebook development timeframes.
- Develop, summarize and communicate environmental obligations
across multiple diverse Facebook teams, including design,
construction, and operations teams.
- Provide environmental expertise to diverse internal teams and
coordinate with other teams about relevant issues and requirements,
including Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) teams where
- Develop training and educational tools regarding environmental
goals, compliance and awareness.
- Assist in facilitating the growth of the environmental program
within Facebook Data Centers as the company continues to grow and
build environmental excellence.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science, engineering,
planning, or other related field.
- 10+ years of experience in environmental science, engineering,
planning, or other related field.
- Experience in environmental due diligence and pre-development
- Experience managing multiple projects and coordinating with
internal staff and external consultants, vendors and other
- Experience establishing and maintaining cross-functional and
positive working relationships.
- Experience in communication and working with highly
- Experience in Excel.
- Advanced degree in environmental science, engineering, planning
or other related field.
- Experience with Title V air permitting and compliance.
- Experience with GIS software.Facebook's mission is to give
people the power to build community and bring the world closer
together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a
different kind of company that connects billions of people around
the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and
helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new
products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at
Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly
iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people
around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways.
Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're
just getting started.Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status,
sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as
an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally
protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants
with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state
and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting
process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a
disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Facebook, Fremont , Environmental Manager, Executive , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!