Assistant Clinic Manager
Company: Bay Area Community Health
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Overall SummaryTCHC Assistant Clinic Manager is responsible for
the supporting management and operation of their assigned site(s)
and to assure the smooth operation of clinic based services and
achievement of team-based productivity benchmarks. The Assistant
Clinic Manager helps to monitors on-site clinic operations and is
responsible in support of the Clinic Manager for addressing and
resolving day to day issues impacting clinic inefficiencies in
patient flow by addressing system problems in a resourceful and
effective manner. The Assistant Clinic Manager in coordination with
Manager makes scheduling adjustments necessary to improve or
achieve optimal patient flow and monitors staff for safety and
compliance related issues. This position must provide leadership in
establishing and maintaining a professional and respectful
environment that supports teamwork while promoting the dignity,
privacy and confidentiality of patients, their families, co-workers
and volunteers. The Assistant Clinic Manager works closely with
Operations staff to support and achieve TCHC's goals and objectives
including organizational quality and patient-centered
- Working under the daily direction of the Clinic Manager, is
responsible for all activity at the particular site including
monitoring and addressing site clinical flow issues to maintain
smooth operations and allow staff to provide high quality and
timely care and services to patients.
- Work with the scheduling team to manage the Provider schedules
and make adjustments due to last minute time off requests to meet
the number of patient visits needed to support goals and objectives
for patient volume.
- Works with Triage Nurse to ensure smooth patient and clinic
flow and that requests for medication refills, lab and special
projects are processed in a timely manner.
- As needed, adjust appointment schedules to alleviate patient
backlogs and delays and address urgent patient needs.
- Make site staffing allocation decisions and adjustments when
necessary, such as determining if too many staff are on scheduled
or not enough staff is available.
- Demonstrates commitment to, and understanding of, TCHC's
Behaviors for Success and GUEST (Customer Service Model), by
modeling customer service excellence in all internal and external
relationships and in the performance of all duties and
- Monitors staff and arranges for training and/or counseling when
needed to meet customer service expectations.
- Oversee the daily submission of completed medical visit
encounters to the Billing Department.
- Monitor staff safety and compliance with approved
organizational policy and procedure and notifies Department
Administrators of any issues requiring follow-up training or
- Assists and supports with Clinic Manager in coordinating audit
preparation at the site and may serve as site point person during
the audit in absence of Clinic Manager.
- Help coordinate the collection of any data relating to
Operations, including productivity reporting and/or grant programs,
and work with grant coordinators in collecting this information.
- Assess employee workstation/office space for adequate
equipment, materials and supplies to complete their assigned tasks
in an efficient, safe, and cost effective manner.
- Monitor safety of work site, promptly address maintenance needs
with Facilities department and confirm completion of work
- Develop and implement, in conjunction with the Clinic Manager
changes in operational procedures that promote quality
patient-centered care, productivity and revenue enhancement, risk
management, cost savings, employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Be available to work flexible schedule to include evenings and
- Build strong positive communication with physicians and support
staff to work as a team to enhance the success and productivity of
- Develops strong inter-department teamwork to meet the needs of
the patients and providers and drive decision-making and other
- Identify and implement opportunities to build employee morale
and individual motivation.
- Select and hire employees according to established guidelines.
Monitor, coach, develop and evaluate performance of staff on an
ongoing basis in accordance with applicable performance standards.
- Responsible for assuring customer/patient service needs are
met. Monitor patient service feedback and lead the process of
resolving complaints and service issues.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
vendors, employees, other managers, and physicians.
- Support a positive image of TCHC inside and outside the
organization.QUALIFICATIONSRequired education, experience, training
- BS, BA or equivalent combination of education and work
- Minimum of two years of related experience including the
oversight of day-to-day operations of a medical clinic.
- One year of recent supervisory experience; community health
centers strongly desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Power Point,
Excel, Word or equivalent software products.Preferred education,
- Master's in Public Health
- LVN or Medical Assistant
- Bilingual; Spanish highly desirable
Keywords: Bay Area Community Health, Fremont , Assistant Clinic Manager, Executive , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!