Company: Element Technologies Inc.
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Job Title: - Hadoop EngineerLocation: - CA, Pleasanton, 94588 Duration: - 6 Months CTH Description: Bachelor's or equivalent experience requiredMinimum of 5 years relevant experience requiredWe are seeking strong Technical Staff to join the Shared Analytics team. We currently have an opening for a Hadoop Engineer.Hadoop environment provides a common data platform for structured and unstructured data to enable innovation within health technology ecosystem.The (Hadoop Engineer), provides technical consulting, design and coding/ prototyping for Hadoop Platform activities Responsibilities:
- Rapidly architect, design, prototype, and implement architectures to tackle the Big Data and Data Science needs
- Work in cross-disciplinary teams to understand client needs and ingest rich data sources such as social media, news, internal/external documents, emails, financial data, and operational data
- Research, experiment, and utilize leading Big Data methodologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, Redshift, and Microsoft Azure
- Implement and test data processing pipelines, and data mining / data science algorithms on a variety of hosted settings, such as AWS, Azure, and on-premise clusters
- Translate advanced business analytics problems into technical approaches that yield actionable recommendations, across multiple, diverse domains; communicate results and educate others through design and build of insightful visualizations, reports, and presentations
- Develop skills in business requirement capture and translation, hypothesis-driven consulting, work stream and project management, and client relationship development Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field and minimum four years of big data experience with multiple programming languages and technologies
- 3 years of development experience in Java
- 3 years of professional experience working with Hadoop stack, preferably with Cloudera CDH, particularly Hive, Impala and HUE.
- Good understanding of version control such as Git and automation tools like Jenkins
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, particularly Hadoop Security using Kerberos and Active Directory
- Hands on experience using relational databases like Oracle, SQL, Postgress , My SQL server, etc.
- Ability to work efficiently under Unix/Linux environment and Unix Shell Scripting
- Ability to work with team members and clients to assess needs, provide assistance, and resolve problems, using excellent problem-solving skills, verbal/written communication, and the ability to explain technical concepts to business people Preferred:
- 3-5 years of experience in developing Java/J2EE application
- 3 years of development experience in MapReduce and Spark
- Hands on experience using Cassandra, HIVE, No-SQL databases ( like Hbase, Mongo db)
- Fluency in other programming languages such as Python, Scala, R with the ability to pick up new languages and technologies quickly; understanding of cloud and distributed systems principles, including load balancing, networks, scaling, in-memory vs. disk, etc.;
- Exposure to Data Science/ Machine Learning - provided by Dice Big Data methodologies, AWS, JAVA, J2ee, Cloudera CDH, MapReduce and Spark, HIVE, No-SQL databases ( like Hbase, Mongo db)
Keywords: Element Technologies Inc., Fremont , Hadoop Engineer, Engineering , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!