Manufacturing Process Engineer
Company: TE Connectivity
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Are you a problem solver? Someone with the analytical skills and a passion for process improvement? At TE Connectivity, you will find a culture that rewards such a hands-on engineering spirit. We empower our engineers to work collaboratively to enable our manufacturing facilities to reach our TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) goals. This is a great opportunity to join our team that is seeking a like-minded person to ensure the manufacturing processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. Overview What you'll be doing...
As part of the Manufacturing Process Engineering team, you will play in key role in the overall improvement in our manufacturing process with respect to safety, cost, optimization, and continuous improvement. You'll work collaboratively with Sales, Product Management, Quality, and Production teams as a process leader to facilitate a continuous improvement culture and provide innovative solutions to production and technical challenges. To achieve these goals this may include:
- Maintaining a safe working environment by ensuring all activities are carried out with safety in mind and safe working practices are adopted at all times
- Delivering ongoing improvements to processes, procedures and products to achieve cost savings targets
- Collecting and analyzing data to provide solutions to production and technical problems
- Monitoring product costings, standards and documentation for accuracy
- Ensuring all process changes are controlled and appropriately documented according to business procedures
- Communicating and recording changes to procedures / run conditions to capture all applicable operators
- Answering and resolving all customer complaints within business requirements and time frames
- Supporting the Technical, Planning and Production managers through regular communication of project plans, ideas and delivery
- Taking an active role in your own continued development to increase personal growth and contribution to the business
- Leading and influencing Technical, Sales, Product Management and Quality personnel in both daily and future operational issues Qualifications What your background should look like...
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Manufacturing or Mechanical engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience manufacturing and process engineering
- Strong leadership qualities and the ability to complete assignments with little supervisory oversite
- Ability to prioritize issues, analyze situations and implement effective corrective actions
- Excellent communication and oral skills as well as strong presentation and written skills.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to respond rapidly and effectively to changing requirements on short notice
- Demonstrate qualities of flexibility, integrity, and confidentiality
- US citizen or perm legal resident required as this is an ITAR facility Nice to have...
- Working knowledge Wire & Cable manufacturing
- IOSH qualification
- Background in materials, specifically plastics
- Experience with SAP What TE Connectivity offers...
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Healthcare for associates and their families, including eligible domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement benefits (401k matching) and more...
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location. Competencies
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
The Aerospace, Defense and Marine (Aerospace, Defense and Marine or AD&M) business unit of TE is part of the Industrial Solutions segment (Industrial Solutions) and is a world leader in the design of components and electrical interconnection solutions that are used for applications in extreme and rigorous environments. These interconnection solutions make possible applications of avionics, jet and propulsion engine management, flight controls, grounding systems and on-board entertainment (EAB) for today's "connected aircraft". This capability is extended to military, marine, aviation, space, land and drone vehicles, as well as oil and gas exploration of open-ocean deposits. TE offers solutions for enhanced connectivity that work and resist in the most extreme environments on Earth, from the deepest oceans to the ends of space. In your relentless activities to save space and weight, improve data delivery and power, you will find that AD&M is ready to collaborate with your design team to help you present your product more quickly in the market with smarter and better interconnect solutions.
Department: Industrial, Developer, ERP, Process Engineer, Manufacturing, Technology, Engineering - provided by Dice Aerospace, Analytical Skills, Avionics, Business Requirements, Developer, Development, ERP, Management, Materials, Mechanical, Process Engineer, Process Engineering, Project, SAP, Sales
Keywords: TE Connectivity, Fremont , Manufacturing Process Engineer, Engineering , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!