Process Development Engineer, Principal - Laser
Company: Confluent Medical Technologies
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Process Development Engineer, Principal - Laser Full Time
Technical Fremont, CA, US 10 days ago Requisition ID: 2535 Salary
Range: $131,500.00 To 219,000.00 Annually Confluent Medical
Technologies -is a financially healthy and rapidly growing medical
device company whose employees are passionate about providing
life-saving solutions to our customers through a collaborative and
high-impact work environment. Our moderate size, diversity of
technologies, and broad material science capabilities provide an
environment in which our employees can develop broad skill sets and
directly influence product development and manufacturing outcomes.
We are looking for a Process Development Engineer, Principal- Laser
t o join our talented team in Fremont, CA. As a uniquely qualified
candidate, you will:
- Under the direction of the Process Engineering Manager, be
responsible for process development - from proof-of-concept
prototypes to sustained manufacturing validation - planning, and
coordinating engineering activities, studies and programs in
support of standard production and new product development.
- Process development and implementation for applications such as
laser cutting, laser welding, and deburring small medical
- Be responsible for laser cutting and welding process
development, including programming, motion system tuning,
optimization, parameter development, troubleshooting
- Create, edit, and manage drawings and software routines used
for the creation of internally and externally provided
- CAM programming improvements using SMARTCAM and Cagila. Develop
post processors and streamline HMI interfaces. -
- Support and provide equipment guidelines and tooling
modifications for process improvements.
- Ability to source optical components relating to laser cutting
and welding of metal and non-metal components
- Follow health, safety and environmental programs for
preventative maintenance - adhering to safety protocols and
ensuring that all hazards are properly managed.
- Develop strategic processing goals and objectives and integrate
processes into value streams.
- Request capital appropriation based on sound testing and
demonstrated feasibility. -
- Investigate potential new laser cutting and welding
technologies, collaborate with applications/outside labs for proof
of concept. Leverage prior experiences to recommend best
technologies for growth of capabilitiesHow much should you know?
- BS degree in a relevant discipline and 14 or more years of
related engineering experience. Or:
- MS degree and 12 or more years of related engineering
- Ph. D degree in science/engineering field and 9 or more years
of related engineering experienceYou will have an edge if you . .
- Have extensive laser and tool integration experience.
- Have solid background in SolidWorks.
- Have significant engineering expertise relating to fixture
design for laser cutting/welding.
- Experience in the medical device industry.
- Possess good English communication skills - both written and
- Experience with laser scanning systems (galvo and polygon)
- Experience with robotic motion programming (Denso
- Experience with vision systems and programming
- Experience programming multi-axis motion systems C onfluent
Medical Technologies is dedicated to working collaboratively with
our customers, taking their projects from rapid prototype into high
volume production. Our unparalleled technical expertise, proven
experience and partnership with our clients has allowed us to
perfect the process necessary to deliver world-class medical
devices through innovative material science, engineering, and
manufacturing. Our primary capabilities include: Nitinol components
and tubing, balloon expandable stents and catheters, complex
catheters, biomedical textiles, and high precision polymer tubing.
We take pride in our position as the leader in the medical
technology space and are driven by a passion to create products
that our clients have envisioned for their customers. We regret
that we are unable to sponsor employment visas or consider
individuals on time-limited visa status for this position. -
Confluent Medical Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. -
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. -
Keywords: Confluent Medical Technologies, Fremont , Process Development Engineer, Principal - Laser, Engineering , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...