Senior Mechanical Engineer, Robotics
Posted on: November 15, 2022
As a senior mechanical engineer at Neuralink, you will design
and produce hardware solutions for our brain-computer interface
devices, including surgical robotics, automation, microfabrication,
and more. You will get to own projects from concept to production,
utilizing your mechanical engineering background in the challenging
field of brain-computer interfaces. The role involves collaboration
with neuroscientists, biologists, and engineers to determine design
criteria and build systems quickly and effectively.
The Robot Team tackles challenges across surgical robotics, such as
creating next-gen hardware to drive total brain surgery time down
from hours to seconds; designing laser-micromachining for
micron-precision geometries for surgical end effectors; developing
ways to reach deeper brain targets while balancing the competing
goals of endpoint accuracy and minimally invasive insertion; and
scaling from hundreds to millions of surgeries.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and
defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about
problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what
matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to
work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical,
materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are
comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too
- Bachelor's Degree in science or engineering, or equivalent in
experience and ability.
- 5+ years of mechanical engineering industry experience,
including owning products from concept to production.
- Strong understanding of engineering first principles.
- Experience with conventional machining and rapid prototyping
- Experience with precision design and manufacturing.
- Experience with advanced imaging techniques.
Keywords: Neuralink, Fremont , Senior Mechanical Engineer, Robotics, Engineering , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!