Devops engineer AWS
Company: InterSources Inc.
Posted on: November 15, 2022
Job Title: Devops engineer AWS
Title of Role
Hiring Manager Name
PST timezone (Vancouver preferred)
Global Fulfillment Systems - Technology: Trade
Opportunity for Permanent Conversion?
Ideal Start Date
6 months contract to hire
Ideal # Years' Experience
Target Hourly Pay Rate
(to the contractor)
AWS (EKS, Docker, Linux), S3, Jenkins, Maven, PostgreSQL, Vault,
Airflow, Github, Graphana, Terraform, Helm charts
Outline of the Role:
Senior engineer with leadership qualities to drive technology team
to improve current set up. Performs development of high-performing,
well-tested and thoughtfully architected software applications that
satisfy our internal business needs and power guest experiences.
Has proven experience in effectively applying scientific,
mathematical and social principles to design, build, & maintain
technology products, devices, systems and solutions that provide
amazing customer experiences.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses algorithms, data structures, programming languages,
programming paradigms to create, test and operate sustainable
client-side or server-side software applications and
- Builds and extends software applications in varying (cloud,
hybrid cloud, and on-premise) environments.
- Ensures applications are designed to be highly available,
observable, and durable via software engineering best
- Innovative in nature, looking to enhance current technical set
up in partnership with architects and engineers
- Works with business and systems analysts to understand end-user
requirements and translate those into pragmatic and effective
- Works closely with onsite and remote frontend, backend and
operations engineers to ensure deliverables are well-documented,
secure and resilient.
- Provides DevOps thought leadership in delivery contexts,
focusing on the requirements of lululemon's end-users and how they
are best served by continuous improvements to our delivery
- Collaborates with the engineering teams (onshore and offshore)
to deliver on integration projects.
- Engages in ongoing quality and performance improvement to
ensure reliability and security.
- Designs for release and configuration management.
- Assists in troubleshooting and resolving production system
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Personal Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering or
- 7+ years of software engineering experience in DevOps
- Building and setting up new development tools and
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates
- Working with software developers and software engineers to
ensure that development follows established processes and works as
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management
- Excellent team player, ability to work independently and as
part of a team
- Experience in mentoring junior developers and providing
- Excellent pull request review skills and attention to
- Strong technical, hands-on, experience to support development,
automated testing, infrastructure and operations
- Proficient with Git and Git workflows
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Develop scripts to automate visualization
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and
- Familiarity with streaming platforms (real-time data at massive
scale like Confluent Kafka).
- Experience with AWS cloud and implementations from a
- Experience working with containers, Docker, Kubernetes or other
- Fluency with relational databases or alternatively NoSQL
- Understanding of DevOps as well as experience with CI/CD
- Familiar with the project tools: Jira, Confluence, Slack, MS
Office, SharePoint, Smartsheet.
Additional Manager Comments:
Candidates with the following will be prioritized:
- Industry experience in Retail domain
- Knowledge of microservices architecture patterns
- Experience building web services and integrations with message
Keywords: InterSources Inc., Fremont , Devops engineer AWS, Engineering , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!