Company: Nextracker Inc.
Posted on: September 20, 2022
At Nextracker, we are leading in the energy transition, providing
the most comprehensive portfolio of intelligent solar tracker and
control software solutions for solar power plants, as well as
strategic services to capture the full value of solar power plants
for our customers. Our talented worldwide teams are transforming PV
plant performance every day with smart technology, data monitoring
and analysis services.
As a company driving the clean energy transition, sustainability is
not just a word. It's a core part of our business and our
operations. Our sustainability efforts are based on five
cornerstones: People, Community, Environment, Innovation, and
Integrity. We are creative, collaborative and passionate
problem-solvers from diverse backgrounds, driven by our shared
mission to provide smart solar and software solutions for our
customers and to mitigate climate change for future generations.
Make your mark with Nextracker.
The Component Engineer will be based in Fremont CA. Hybrid
scheduling is available. In this position, you will report to the
Director, Power Systems. The Component Engineer will work to
support the functions of sourcing for electronics parts while
developing and maintaining relationships with a variety of vendors.
In this role, you would also be responsible for ensuring proper
product/component functionality at various factory sites.
Watch this video to learn why Nextracker is more than just a place
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do...
- Hands on engineering activities in support of component
multi-sourcing for various electronics products
- Establishing part numbers and BOMs in a PDM system
- Responding to development lifecycle component changes using
ECR,ECO and MCOs
- Managing vendor relationships for critical components and
overseeing replacement component qualification
- Writing specification documents for critical components
Here is some of what you'll need (required)...
- BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering,
- 3+ years component engineering experience
Here are a few of our preferred experiences...
- 5+ years of hardware development with component engineering
- Knowledge of high-volume industrial products
- Working knowledge of component test methods and failure
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques, engineering BOM
structures and understanding electrical schematics
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with
Design, Process & Technology Engineering
Nextracker is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment
selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and
abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on:
age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability,
pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy
to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for
assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any
accommodations you may need by e-mailing:
Keywords: Nextracker Inc., Fremont , Component Engineer, Engineering , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!