Mechanical Engineer, Multiphysics- Solar Roof
Posted on: September 20, 2022
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for
multiphysics simulations in support of next generation Solar Roof
design concepts. The candidate will lead cross-functional
engineering teams in simulation input development, result analysis,
and validation. Tesla's Solar Roof Design Engineering Team develops
novel roofing and solar systems for the purpose of accelerating the
world's transition to sustainable energy. This group is focused on
design conception, prototyping, and DFM for Tesla's Solar Roof. New
concepts are evaluated based upon first principles, rigorous cost
analysis, feasibility, and reliability testing.Responsibilities
- Simulate static, dynamic, and transient behavior
- Define performance and reliability specifications
- Provide evaluation validation and design optimization
- Participate in new concept and technology development
- Develop new simulation tools and capabilities
- Formulation, analysis, and selection of appropriate FEA/CFD
- Drive other projects as needed by management or as business
- BS (or equivalent) in a related field such as mechanical
engineering and applied mechanics or equivalent years of
- Thorough knowledge of solid mechanics and strength of
- Minimum 3 year of relevant work experience building complex
models representing electrical, thermal, and mechanical
- Proficiency with CAD (SolidWorks), CFD
(STAR-CCM+/Abaqus/Ansys/Comsol), and FEA (Abaqus/Ansys)
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills with both
internal and external teams.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshoot skills.
Keywords: Tesla, Fremont , Mechanical Engineer, Multiphysics- Solar Roof, Engineering , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!