Senior Industrial Controls Engineer
Company: Bloom Energy
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Principle Industrial Controls Engineer Bloom Energy, a fuel cell
company and one of Silicon Valley's most promising startups, is
looking for a Principle Industrial Controls Engineer to join its
world-class team. This individual should be a dynamic professional
who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today's most
exciting technologies.Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the design and maintenance of electromechanical control
systems for manufacturing.
- Provide day to day engineering support for existing automated
- Be the domain specific expert in regards to industrial controls
for the group.
- Assist process engineers with equipment changes and upgrades to
- Design electrical schematics and wiring diagrams for new
- Build/Lead construction of electrical panels required for
- Architect and program Ladder Logic programs from scratch on new
- Maintain Ladder Logic software programs and provide any
necessary changes for maintainability, process improvements, and
- Willing to work cross functionally with process, equipment and
- Takes initiative to solve problems and design solutions as
- Must be hands on and willing to assist in mechanical/electrical
builds of tools.
- Must be safety oriented and ensure the safety of team members
through engineering designs.
- Manage safety and training of team members
- Help author documentation standards and update legacy equipment
to new standards
- Up to 10% travel both domestic and internationalEducation and
- BS, or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or
- 15+ years of experience in industrial controls
- 5+ years of experience developing and maintaining Ladder Logic
- Experience architecting control systems in Ladder Logic from
- Experience integrating third party equipment into work
- Knowledge of Industrial communication protocols such as
EtherCAT, Ethernet/IP, and Modbus RTU.
- Experience designing HMI and integration into SCADA/MES.
- Mastery of Allen Bradley Studio 5000 and its related software
- Experience work with Beckhoff PLC's
- Designing prints and wiring diagrams in AutoCAD Electrical or
- Design of AC/DC circuits handling voltages up to 480 VAC.
- Experience with commissioning and assembly of new automated
- Experience building UL508A compliant electrical panels.
- Experience with specifying off the shelf actuators, sensors,
and other devices for specific applications.
- Working knowledge of functional safety and design of safety
- Experience programing Adept/Omron, FANUC, and UR robots
- Working knowledge of applicable standards such as NFPA 79 and
- Knowledge of Automated Inspection systems is a bonus.
- Knowledge of high power laser systems and their safety
- Knowledge of high power laser systems and CDRH/FDA permitting
requirementsAbout Bloom Energy:Bloom Energy will make clean,
reliable energy affordable for everyone in the world. Our
technology, first developed for NASA's Mars Program, will
dramatically change the way that the world's energy is produced,
distributed and consumed. Bloom's unique on-site power generation
systems are among the most efficient on the planet, providing
significantly reduced operating costs and producing dramatically
lower greenhouse gas emissions. Pioneering a new class of
stationary fuel cells, Bloom is not just creating a new product or
company, it is driving a whole new industry. As one of Silicon
Valley's most promising startups, Bloom was the first clean energy
technology investment for Kleiner Perkins and NEA, two of Silicon
Valley's most revered venture capital firms. The company has
assembled a super-star board, experienced management team, and
top-notch technical staff. Bloom Energy is growing quickly and is
looking to add to its dynamic team.
Keywords: Bloom Energy, Fremont , Senior Industrial Controls Engineer, Engineering , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!