Senior Process Development Engineer - Nitinol
Company: Surf Search
Posted on: August 2, 2022
We are currently searching for a senior or principal level
Process Development Engineer with nitinol experience to join a
global medical device manufacturing company in the San Francisco
Bay Area. We are searching for an experienced materials engineer to
develop test and manufacturing processes for nitinol based medical
devices. The Process Development Engineer - Nitinol will be
responsible for the development, optimization and implementation of
laser processes for medical devices. Requirements of the Process
Development Engineer - Nitinol:
- BS in related engineering discipline. Mechanical or Materials
Engineering discipline preferred.
- Minimum 8 years relevant engineering experience.
- Demonstrated familiarity with metalworking and machining
- Experience developing heat treatment processes and high
precision mechanical components for nitinol components.
- Expert level understanding of GD&T and tolerance stack
- Understanding of fundamental metallurgical principals and
- Experience utilizing six sigma and lean manufacturing
principals for continuous improvement of manufacturing processes.
Responsibilities of the Process Development Engineer - Nitinol:
- Engage cross functionally with operators, production team,
technicians and engineers to develop, optimize and validate medical
device production processes.
- Develop heat treatment processes for nitinol components.
- Design and develop high precision fixtures and tooling for heat
treatment, crimping, forming and honing processes.
- Oversee engineering studies and process validation
Occupational Category: 17-2141 Mechanical Engineers
Keywords: Surf Search, Fremont , Senior Process Development Engineer - Nitinol, Engineering , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!