Company: Mattson Technology
Posted on: June 24, 2022
About MattsonMattson Technology is a global company with nearly
30 years of experience delivering leading-edge technology and
products in the Dry Strip, Plasma and Thermal markets to our
customers. While weconsider Silicon Valley our roots, we have
evolved into a worldwide organization that includes manufacturing,
research and development, customer support, finance and sales
operations throughout Asia, Europe, and North America.
Our success is a result, in large part to the highly qualified and
dedicated employees at Mattson Technology. Our employees represent
a diverse group of individuals, committed to working as a team to
deliver on our commitments. We value the ingenuity, flexibility,
passion, knowledge and "can do" attitude that our employees
exemplify daily. We encourage you to consider a career at Mattson
Technology. Mattson Technology recognizes that torecruit and retain
a team of highly qualified employees, we must invest in our
employees and therefore, we offer a comprehensive employee benefits
About the RoleThis opening is for a Process Engineer position in
the Process Group based in Fremont, California. This role will be
part of the Process team responsible for developing new dry strip
processes, selective etch and surface treatment processes,
supporting customer accounts and troubleshooting. The role will be
responsible for developing new processes, modifying hardware to
improve process results, troubleshooting, and providing onsite
customer support. Candidates performance will be subject to peer
- Manage process development and reliability projects.
- Monitor hardware performance and verify stability of newly
developed processes. Develop and modify hardware as needed to
improve process results.
- Data collection and root cause analysis during development and
- Diagnostic equipment operation and data analysis.
- Design experiments, root cause analysis and detailed
documentation for technical issues during development and
- Generate detailed report for internal and external
- Process verification and troubleshooting at various customer
- Support transfer of technology to field staff and
- Ensure equipment and machines are maintained in safe operating
- Report any unsafe or unhealthy condition which cannot be
corrected to the Safety Officer.
- Follow all safety and health regulations and work practices,
including personal protective equipment where applicable.
- Investigate accidents and incidents that have occurred;
identify the corrective action necessary to prevent a similar
accident from occurring.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and requirements:
- Demonstrated hands-on experimental experience in a technical
- BS in chemical Engineering, material science or related field
and 5 years of experience. Advanced degrees preferred but not
- Excellent data analysis skills, including numerical and
statistical analysis of data, treatment of experimental errors and
graphical presentation of diverse (potentially multidimensional)
- Excellent documentation and communications skill in a cross
- Hands on experience on analytical tools (Ellipsometer, SEM/TEM,
SIMS, XPS, XRD, Rs measurement, etc.).
- Must be able to work independently under deadline pressure in a
highly dynamic environment.
- Flexible to work shifts that may include swing and
- Must be able to work safely in a laboratory environment
containing high-energy machinery and hazardous gases.
- Must be able and willing to travel outside the US 20-30%.
- Successful completion of required Safety training.
- Remain informed about safety and health regulations affecting
the operations of supervision.
Equal Opportunity EmployerMattson Inc. is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Mattson Technology, Fremont , Process Engineer, Engineering , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!