Lab Automation Engineer
Company: Alamar Biosciences, Inc.
Posted on: May 9, 2022
At Alamar Biosciences, we're on a mission to transform the field
of proteomics for the early detection of cancer and other diseases.
We are creating the world's most sensitive proteomics platform to
unmask the deepest secrets of our proteome. Our fully automated,
high throughput platform will empower new biomarker discoveries for
early detection and prevention of common diseases. We provide
exceptional opportunities for those who have the entrepreneurial
spirit, enjoy developing novel technologies and products, and
aspire to grow together with the company.
We are seeking a Lab Automation Engineer to join our
multi-disciplinary team, which is tasked to develop a world-class
fully automated instrument system for high precision proteomic
analysis. The position is expected to play an important role in
bridging the gap between assay technology and engineering designs
through systematic verification and validation efforts.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Communicate with an interdisciplinary team to compile and track
system integration problems and upgrade requests.
- Using script language to program liquid handlers and other lab
automation instruments automate proprietary assay protocols and
verify the performance of the automated systems.
- Help support and improve existing high throughput laboratory
- Guided by senior scientists/engineers, develop test
methodology, plan and test instrumentation prototypes to evaluate
- Under the general guidance of senior supervisor, design and
perform experiments to identify and trouble shoot prototypes and
lab automation systems.
- Report trouble shooting findings to the instrument development
team and help to develop solutions to address root causes.
- M.S. degree with relevant experience or B.S. plus 5+ years of
relevant industrial experience.
- Experience in programming, testing of bioinstrumentation and/or
lab automation systems.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and successfully work across
multiple disciplines such as engineering, software and assay
- Proficient technical writing skills and excellent documentation
skills for experimental work and data analysis.
- Experience in liquid handler robots and their programming
languages (e.g., Hamilton, Tecan, Eppendorf, OEMs) is
- Highly motivated, team-oriented and detailed individual with
the proven ability to think innovatively toward solving problems
effectively and efficiently.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package,
including daily lunch, health, dental, vision, life insurance, a
flexible spending plan, paid vacation, stock options and a 401(k)
Alamar Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Alamar Biosciences, Inc., Fremont , Lab Automation Engineer, Engineering , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!