Senior Mechanical Engineer, Chassis
Company: Solo Avt
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Who we are:S0L0 AVT is building the safest, greenest and most
cost-effective long-haul truck ever. With experienced leaders in
the field, were building a solution that will upend the logistics
trucking industry. You will be working with a highly
cross-functional team of systems, software, hardware and vehicle
engineers, as well as an incredibly talented team of designers,
technicians, and a wide range of other professionals.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Engineering Lead
Primary Job Responsibilities:As a Senior Chassis Engineer at SOLO
AVT, you will be developing heavy commercial vehicle chassis
components from concept to production, and everything in between.
You will be release responsible for both components and systems.
You will also be engineering responsible for certain aspects of
pre-production builds. As the team grows, you may be designated as
a subject matter expert and will be asked to provide guidance to
junior team members. The ideal candidate works well within a
diverse team while also being able to operate independently and
deliver projects on time and to specification. This candidate is
able to solve complex problems by working up from the engineering
fundamentals to develop the best solution, regardless of what
others are doing or have done. We cant change the world by doing it
the way everyone else has done it! Finally, while we are an
engineering driven company, you will need to be able to effectively
communicate with our co-workers and partners in both technical and
Job Requirements - Essential Skills:
- Design chassis components for a heavy commercial vehicle using
CAD (preferably CATIA V5/V6) and their associated mounting hardware
- Detailed understanding of chassis systems, including
suspension, steering, fifth wheel and braking systems.
- Manage CAD and drawing release of all components within your
area of responsibility
- Manage suppliers and complete component validation by
generating test plans
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to define and
execute technical requirements
- Conduct design reviews and deliver hardware in time to meet all
- Report component design development status
- Resolve hardware related failures and come up with short- and
long-term corrective plans
- Hands-on work is an integral part of being an engineer at SOLO
AVT, so familiarity with and a willingness to use basic hand tools
is necessary for success.
- Proficient with 3Dexperience (CATIA V6) software including
Generative Shape Design workbench (GSD)
- Knowledge in electrical components and high voltage packaging
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes such as casting, CNC
machining, plastic injection molding, wiring harness and sheet
- Prefer to have automotive or charging product development
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of GD&T per ASME Y14.5
- Willing to work flexible hours and passionate about getting
- BS/MS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional work experience as a mechanical
- 3+ years working in a relevant industry like automotive,
trucking, construction equipment
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision
insurance with an employer contribution.
- Competitive compensation packages.
- Employer-paid group term life insurance.
- Employer-paid Short-term and Long-term disability
- 401(k) with company match.
- Paid vacation
- Holidays following the Federal Holiday Schedule.
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Physical demands: We are all hands on deck at SOLO AVT in our
efforts to create exciting change within the trucking world. The
ideal candidate will be both adventurous and versatile. Daily
activities could range from a full day of designing components at
your desk, to full days working in the shop building out huge Class
8 trucks, and everything in between. Each day will be an adventure
and you should feel comfortable handling moderately sized
components within your daily routine.
Travel required: Subject to periodic travel requirements.
Company-related travel expenses reimbursed per the companys Travel
and Expense Reimbursement policy.
Other duties: Please note this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
SOLO AVT, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.
SOLO AVT, Inc. is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please
let the hiring manager know if you need an accommodation at any
point during the interview process.by Jobble
Keywords: Solo Avt, Fremont , Senior Mechanical Engineer, Chassis, Engineering , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!