Senior Control Engineer
Company: Solo AVT
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Who we are:S0L0 AVT is building the safest, greenest and most
cost-effective long-haul truck - ever. With experienced leaders in
the field, we're building a solution that will upend the logistics
trucking industry. You will be working with a highly
cross-functional team of systems, software, hardware and vehicle
engineers, as well as an incredibly talented team of designers,
technicians, and a wide range of other professionals.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Engineering Lead
Primary Job Responsibilities:As a Senior Controls Engineer, you
will design, simulate and implement control algorithms and specify
systems and components to control various features related to the
overall movement of the truck. You will be release responsible for
your work. You will also be engineering responsible for certain
aspects of pre-production builds. As the team grows, you may be
designated as a subject matter expert and will be asked to provide
guidance to junior team members. The ideal candidate works well
within a diverse team while also being able to operate
independently and deliver projects on time and to specification.
This candidate is able to solve complex problems by working up from
the engineering fundamentals to develop the best solution,
regardless of what others are doing or have done. We can't change
the world by doing it the way everyone else has done it! Finally,
while we are an engineering driven company, you will need to be
able to effectively communicate with our co-workers and partners in
both technical and non-technical capacities.
Job Requirements - Essential Skills:
- Solid background in linear systems analysis, stability, and
- Experience, understanding, and intuition for the physics of
basic electric propulsion and motion control systems
- Creating dynamic models of electrical and mechanical
- Model development and data analysis in Matlab/Simulink
- Strong communication and preference for working in teams
- Hands-on work is an integral part of being an engineer at SOLO
AVT, so familiarity with and a willingness to use basic hand tools
is necessary for success.
- Familiarity with control of non-linear systems
- Familiarity with Electric Vehicle (EV) drive systems
- Capability of delivering high-quality code in an embedded
- Familiarity with embedded microprocessor design process:
compilers, debuggers, IDE, versioning systems
- Experience developing in an RTOS environment
- BS/MS/PhD in EE/CS or equivalent
- 5+ years experience in controls system development, modeling,
and implementation in an embedded environment
- 3+ years working in a relevant industry like automotive, heavy
trucking, construction equipment
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision
insurance with an employer contribution.
- Competitive compensation packages.
- Employer-paid group term life insurance.
- Employer-paid Short-term and Long-term disability
- 401(k) with company match.
- Paid vacation
- Holidays following the Federal Holiday Schedule.
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Physical demands: We are all hands on deck at SOLO AVT in our
efforts to create exciting change within the trucking world. The
ideal candidate will be both adventurous and versatile. Daily
activities could range from a full day of designing components at
your desk, to full days working in the shop building out huge Class
8 trucks, and everything in between. Each day will be an adventure
and you should feel comfortable handling moderately sized
components within your daily routine.
Travel required: Subject to periodic travel requirements.
Company-related travel expenses reimbursed per the company's Travel
and Expense Reimbursement policy.
Other duties: Please note this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
SOLO AVT, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.
SOLO AVT, Inc. is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please
let the hiring manager know if you need an accommodation at any
point during the interview process.
Keywords: Solo AVT, Fremont , Senior Control Engineer, Engineering , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!