Network Engineer, Deployment & Support
Posted on: November 14, 2021
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build
community and bring the world closer together. Through our family
of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company
that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways
to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer
together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small
business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at
heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems,
and working together to empower people around the world to build
community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help
people build stronger communities - we're just getting
started.Facebook is looking for a Network Engineer to join the Edge
and Network Services team. This team is responsible for deploying
and supporting one of the world's largest and complex networks. As
a member of this team, you will have a unique opportunity to be
involved in all aspects of networking at Facebook.
- Deploy and support our global production and corporate network
including edge, backbone, data center, campus, and content delivery
network (CDN) infrastructure.
- Work cross-functionally with project management, network
engineering to generate implementation plans including Method of
Procedure (MOP) and Bill of Materials (BOM), Engineering Design
Packages (EDP), Scope of Works (SOW), Network equipment and server
Rack Face Elevations (RFE).
- Provide technical leadership and guidance during deployment
activities in our data centers and POPs, including in the areas of
facility power, cooling, rack layout and cable management, physical
equipment installation, network equipment configuration, testing
and handoff for production traffic.
- Calculate and document equipment power/space requirements and
consumption for multiple PoP sites. Work with Colocation Vendors,
local Engineering, Facilities Operations, to meet these
- Perform fault isolation and trouble resolution on network
hardware, software, and circuits.
- Schedule and perform network maintenance including repairs,
upgrades, and migrations.
- Maintain asset database for installed network gear and work
with Logistics on vendor RMAs.
- Maintain technical and training documentation, develop
automation and tooling as needed.
- Participate in on call activities and follow escalation process
to support the infrastructure 24/7.
- 10% to 30% of travel.
- Proactively contribute to documentation, automation and
- Create cage and rack designs and understand the overall needs
of current and future POP infrastructure.
- 6+ years of IP networking experience with designing, deploying,
and supporting service provider, data center, and/or enterprise
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting IP routing/switching
technologies and protocols including TCP/IP, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS,
RSVP, and VRRP in a dual-stack IPv4/6 environment.
- Experience coordinating and executing hardware installation and
- Working knowledge of fiber-optic communications technology
including CWDM and DWDM.
- Hands-on experience with enterprise and carrier class routing,
switching, and optical transport platforms.
- Knowledge of data center design and operational best
- Experience with Linux OS/networking.
- Experience analyzing situations and utilizing problem solving
experiences under pressure.
- Proven experience leading and executing network deployment
- Experience working with limited supervision.
- Experience interacting with vendors and external parties to
drive projects to completion.
- Time and project management experience.Facebook is proud to be
an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected
veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other
applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with
applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to
providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with
disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance
or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at
Keywords: Meta, Fremont , Network Engineer, Deployment & Support, Engineering , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!