Posted on: April 9, 2021
- Responsible for Operation, Replacement, Repair and Maintenance
of building related mechanical, electrical, control systems,
plumbing, air handling units, pumps, heat exchangers, expansion
joints, and other building mechanical systems. Work involves the
lifting of heavy mechanical equipment and apparatus, and may be
performed in areas of extreme heat, cold, and/or noise. Receives
and responds to service calls, takes immediate action to resolve
emergency situations or system breakdowns.
- Operation, replacement, repair, and maintenance of all related
mechanical, electrical, control systems, air handling units, pumps,
motors, heat exchangers, and expansion joints. Perform Preventive
Maintenance Work orders and On Demand Work Orders as assigned.
- The main duties of the position are as follows however
additional responsibilities may be assigned or changed.
- Preventive maintenance procedures; inspect and make sure
maintenance is being performed properly.
- Maintain the tool department; assets are in good condition and
accounted for. Inform supervisor of repairs or replacements needed.
Secure and bench stock and spare parts are available after
- Maintain water treatment program for all open and closed loop
systems and testing daily.
- Engineering areas, physical plant, fan rooms, shop, tool room
and storage rooms etc. are kept in clean and neat order.
- Knowledgeable in all areas of safety, including safety
equipment, lock out tag out and hazardous material procedures.
- Must have good customer service skills with staff, tenants,
vendors and owners.
- Be familiar with roof access to each building, water and gas
shutoffs, lighting controls, fire alarm stations, irrigation.
- Bulb and ballast replacement
- Routine and preventive maintenance duties including filter
changes, lubrication, control and performance check. Replace
bearings, motors, and dampers
- Perform any additional duties on an as "required" basis where
such duties are within the scope of contractual obligations
- Communicates with company and Customer facility operations
management teams, tenants/utility system end users, and Business
- Operate, Monitor, Adjust, Maintain Building Automation
- Maintain CMMS system and Logbooks
- Oversee work performed by outside contractors on the
- Requisition necessary material to complete required
- Hvac, Electrical, Mechanical, Facilities maintenance,
Troubleshooting, Plumbing, Facilities, Carpentry, Refrigeration,
Maintenance repair, Repair, Blueprint, Facility, Preventive
maintenance, Install, Epa universal, Boiler, Lighting, CMMS,
Industrial, CoolingAdditional Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to work an on-call rotation
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in HVAC/facilities
- Experience with pharmaceutical lab systems and associated
equipment and controls
- Required Mechanical Trades or Trade School certification in
location applicable disciplines i.e. HVAC, Electrical, Hydraulics,
- Universal EPA Certification and/or certified or enrolled in an
HVAC program preferred
- Strong communication skills required
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Journeyman level craftsman in HVAC, Electrical, Hydraulics,
Plumbing, or Automation/Controls disciplines
- Reads and interprets Piping & Instrument Drawings (P&IDs),
Floor Plans, Site Maps and/or Electrical Diagrams.
- Experience & proven ability to repair building electrical,
plumbing, & HVAC auxiliary systems
- Experience & proven ability to safely secure hydronic and
electrical systems for maintenance
- Experience & proven ability to Braze/Solder copper pie, thread
- Basic carpentry skills.
- Strong knowledge of operation of building auxiliary systems
i.e. fire-life safety, stand by emergency generators
- Familiarity of general building systems i.e. vertical lift
equipment, overhead doors.
- Ability to write, execute written and oral instructions and
perform arithmetic calculations. About Aerotek:We know that a
company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an
individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a
Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused
approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding
careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown
to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more
than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees
serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every
year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in
talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal
opportunity employer and will consider all applications without
regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin,
veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Fremont , Building Engineer, Engineering , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!