Company: Brooks Automation
Posted on: February 24, 2021
At Brooks, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking
are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages
employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with
novel thinking and collaborative work relationships. All we
accomplish is grounded in our core values of Customer Focus,
Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value and
The Manufacturing Engineer provides electro-mechanical
manufacturing engineering expertise to the Brooks Automation
Manufacturing Engineering team through enhancing the design and
implementation of the Semiconductor equipment/Atmospheric System
Manufacturing Operation. This role includes two major areas of
- New Product Introduction Engineering: Function as Manufacturing
Core Team Member driving DFx (design for manufacturability and
assembly) and new assembly process design and development
throughout the New Product Introduction (NPI) life cycle from
concept, development, pilot, launch (locally and overseas) and
volume scale-up ensuring safe, effective, robust, and reliable
- Sustaining Manufacturing Engineering: Responsible for providing
daily sustaining manufacturing engineering expertise and support
ensuring safety, quality, delivery, and cost goals are
- Develop, review, and maintain robust and reliable pcba
manufacturing functional test procures and processes.
- Working closely with design engineering to develop and test
various pcbas and recommended manufacturing methods (DFx) where
- Understanding ECO processes for manufacturing documentation
- Lead or support new product transfer locally or overseas when
product is mature
- In depth understanding of the pcba BOM structuring
- Participate in product and system configuration
- Document quality system for new programs (control plan, PFMEA,
process flow, work instructions, and inspection plans), evaluate
and update documented manufacturing processes
- Provide daily hands-on manufacturing engineering support as
required to Manufacturing Associates and Technicians.
- Use analytical problem-solving skills to troubleshoot assembly
and test related issues on the manufacturing lines and address root
- Lead or participate in activities to ensure continuous
improvement in processes, products, components, raw materials, and
- Run process and test evaluation to gauge level of control and
provide support for SPC.Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical or other related
Engineering discipline is requiredExperience:
- The candidate is expected to have min 2 years of experience and
comprehensive knowledge of semiconductor equipment manufacturing
engineering and build process development.
- Hands-on manufacturing experience with an assembly/process
development and equipment related background is necessary.
- In depth experience with high complexity system BOM structuring
and system configuration is necessaryPosition Requirements:
- Hands-on experience in testing PCBA and/or electro-mechanical
- Candidate must be highly motivated with good organizational and
analytical/technical problem-solving skills.
- Advanced data extraction, data analysis, auditing and reporting
skills is a plus
- Candidate must have effective written and oral communication
skills; capable in communicating to multiple audiences including
senior management and customers.
- Candidate has meaningful experience with and strong capability
to work well in a team-based environment and promote teamwork.
- Candidate must have excellent organizational skills, capable of
developing, maintaining, and reporting out on project plans and
- Technical writing skills to document and update assembly work
instructions, quality system procedures, as well as engineering
protocols and reports.
- Comfortable working with and around both mechanical and
electrical tools and equipment.
Keywords: Brooks Automation, Fremont , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!