Staff R&D/Product Development Engineer
Company: TE Connectivity Ltd.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from
diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable
and more connected world.-- Job Overview TE Connectivity's
R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original
ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are
responsible for product development, and qualification from market
definition through production and release; assist in the
qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers
deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved
manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on
new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design,
testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The
R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required
product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model,
2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing
requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting
or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and
contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing
operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise
include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics,
chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and
measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and
electronic components, products, and their integration into
systems. Job Responsibilities
- Lead specific development activities as part of a larger
project development project, organizing experiments, trials,
testing and collating data. Experience of leading and participating
in DOE would be advantageous.
- Product testing and technical support to support new product
development, techniques and/or practices with practical hands-on
development and testing on new materials and/or product
- Work with internal process manufacturing engineers to bring
successful technology to large-scale manufacturing of new and
existing product developments.
- Preparation and maintenance of project files, creation of
process control documents, preparation and maintenance of Codes of
- Work closely with Lead Engineers, Project Managers and
Operations to deliver new development projects into operations
- Run product development trials of New Product Development
projects while fully integrating with the LEANPD process, ensuring
that work is scheduled to meet pre-determined targets
- Designing, prototyping, and testing concepts for new product
and product iterations
- Ensuring new designs meet functional and safety requirements
and are compliant with industry standards (i.e. SAE, UL, AS, RoHS
- Engineering lead for New Product Development Projects--
- Writing Product Specifications, Quality Test Plans and Test
Reports, and updating existing product specifications when
- Liaising with external Agencies and customers What your
background should look like:
- Degree, in Materials Science, Engineering or Physical Science;
M.S. or Ph.D. in Materials Science, Chemistry, Polymer Science,
Chemical Engineering or related field preferred.
- Understanding of new product development phase gate process and
scientific research methods.
- Practical hands-on skills within a laboratory research
- Experience of working with polymers, compounding for New
Product Development applications.
- Practical experience of new product development with a focus on
- Practical experience of literature searches in technology
- Knowledge of quality control procedures, techniques and test
- Extensive computer literacy, knowledge of experimental design
- Ability to travel if required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Able to work
across global multicultural team
- High level of written and spoken English language.
- Capable of working under limited or no supervision, will take
ownership and accountability for project tasks.
- US Citizen or Perm Legal Resident Required. Competencies
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation Location:
FREMONT, CA, US, 94555 City: FREMONT State: CA Country/Region: US
Travel: 10% to 25% Requisition ID: 64854 Alternative Locations:
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: Chemical Research, Manufacturing Engineer, Developer,
Engineer, Electrical, Engineering, Technology
Keywords: TE Connectivity Ltd., Fremont , Staff R&D/Product Development Engineer, Engineering , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!