Geotechnical Project Engineer
Company: EARTH SYSTEMS PACIFIC
Posted on: October 12, 2020
Earth Systems provides a wide variety of services including
geotechnical engineering, geology and hydrogeology, construction
materials testing and inspection, and soils and materials
laboratory testing. Earth Systems is founded on our people and has
more than 50 years of experience working in communities throughout
California.We are currently recruiting for a leadership-driven and
self-motivated Project Engineer in our Fremont office.Education and
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering with Geotechnical Engineering
- M.S. Degree in Geotechnical Engineering preferred.
- Licensed Professional Engineer required.
- Licensed Geotechnical Engineer preferred.Required Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in geotechnical consulting. The ideal
candidate will have experience and familiarity with the local
- Manage geotechnical, forensic, and construction projects,
including consulting with clients, design professionals, and
- Plan and supervise soil exploration, logging, and
- Schedule laboratory testing to evaluate soil types, behavior,
and engineering properties.
- Evaluate geologic and seismic hazards, including liquefaction,
lateral spreading, and dry sand settlement; provide mitigation
recommendations when needed.
- Analyze natural, fill, and reinforced slopes.
- Evaluate distressed structures and failed slopes and give
- Provide bearing capacity, earth pressures, and pavement
- Provide analysis of and design recommendations for shallow and
- Provide analysis of and design parameters for temporary and
permanent earth retention.
- Provide grading and ground modification recommendations.
- Prepare proposals, schedules, and reports to achieve project
goals which managing budgets.Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience interacting with clients and initiating business
- Performing advanced geotechnical and seismic analyses.
- Experience with multiple geotechnical software
programs.Employment conditioned upon the satisfactory review of
Motor Vehicle Records, drug and alcohol screening, and a medical
evaluation appropriate to the position. We offer a competitive
salary and benefit plan including medical, vision, dental, life
insurance, generous PTO, paid holidays, and 401(k) retirement plan
with employer matching.Earth Systems provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.PM20 PI124648138
Keywords: EARTH SYSTEMS PACIFIC, Fremont , Geotechnical Project Engineer, Engineering , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!