Preschool Teacher - Palm Academy
Company: Christian Career Center
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Job DescriptionThe Preschool Teacher is responsible for the
academic, social-emotional growth, and development of preschool-age
children in their care; develops partnerships with parents to
engage and encourage parent participation in the program.Duties and
- Develops weekly plans and implements an age-appropriate
curriculum (lesson plan) to nurture and stimulate all domains of
children's development in their care.
- On an ongoing basis, plan, evaluate, and improve the physical
environment in the classroom to create opportunities to meet the
changing needs of the developing child.
- Provide responsive care to all children by adapting daily
caregiving routines and plans to the interests and needs of the
individual child and the group.
- Prepare developmental progress reports and videotaping as
- Demonstrate cultural competency and respect for the child's
background by incorporating cultural, linguistic, and familial
values and beliefs into the preschool program and lesson
- Maintain ongoing, open communication with parents
- Ensure that each family receives an opportunity to build strong
relationships and experience clear communication with teaching
- Plan periodical parent conferences to discuss children's
developmental progress, needs, and interests.
- Liaison with children's families to ensure a smooth transition
from home to preschool setting and changes from classroom to the
classroom when needed.
- Assist families with children's transitions from toddler to
preschool and kindergarten.
- Assures children a healthy, safe, clean, and developmentally
- Per our "team" philosophy, may occasionally be required to
carry out or assist with other tasks in addition to the duties
listed in this job description.
- Staff must believe in and act per the Academy and the program's
mission statements.Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 12-semester units of Early Childhood Education,
including core courses in Child/Human Growth and Development;
Child, Family and Community, and Program/Curriculum.
- Partially qualified preschool teacher - 6 ECE units completed
and enrolled in at least 2-semester units of ECE each
- A minimum of one year of teaching experience in an early
childhood program licensed to serve preschoolers in a
developmentally appropriate environment is preferred.
Keywords: Christian Career Center, Fremont , Preschool Teacher - Palm Academy, Education / Teaching , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!